Supporting Southeastern Wisconsin
When most people hear the words “community bank,” they forget to emphasize the most important part of that phrase — community.
PyraMax Bank is committed to the communities in which we serve. We are honored and proud to support multiple community programs, charitable employee initiatives and monetary donations. PyraMax Bank donates more than $100,000 to various charities annually, in addition to our employees’ providing numerous hours of volunteer work. In doing this, we hope to enrich the communities and support the people who have chosen to rely on us for their financial needs.
Below is an overview of some of the ways that PyraMax Bank puts the community in “community bank.”
Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC)
Amongst being a strong supporter of the WWBIC, in 2021 PyraMax Bank participated in their Annual Celebration by becoming a "Small Biz Market Sponsor" for the event. WWBIC is a leading innovative state-wide economic development corporation that focuses on advancing inclusive entrepreneurship for individuals who face barriers in accessing traditional financing or resources. In particular, WWBIC offers aid to women, people of color, veterans, and low-income individuals.
Neighborhood House of Milwaukee
PyraMax Bank is proud to donate to Neighborhood House of Milwaukee. The Neighborhood House of Milwaukee is a non profit organization that aligns themselves with major community initiatives to help people of all ages realize their full potential. It is a community center that provides a variety of services such as quality early child care, after school programs for youth and teens, adult education for refugees, and support for local parents.
PyraMax Bank holds an annual fundraiser to benefit the United Way of Wisconsin. This organization works in conjunction with the national United Way in an effort to bring people together for the common good. Funds raised for the United Way benefit programs in education, provide financial stability for millions of Americans in need and support a nationwide health initiative. By promoting these values, we look to help enrich the quality of life for future generations in Southeastern Wisconsin.
One of the biggest ways to enrich a community is being able to create affordable housing for all. PyraMax Bank proudly works with the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA) to create affordable housing programs for low-income families throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. We are a partner in WHEDA’s Tax Advantage program, which was introduced in 2013. Together, we look to make owning an affordable home a reality for many people who would have otherwise never had that opportunity.
2021 Donations and Sponsorships
PyraMax Bank is proud to have made monetary donations to the following organizations:
- First Tee – Southeast Wisconsin
- WCTC Child Development Center
- Brookfield Central Baseball
- Mel's Charities - Burgers, Beats & Brews and Mel's on the Farm)
- Neighborhood House of Milwaukee
- South Milwaukee Police Department – DARE Program
- Friends of Autism
- WWBIC (Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation)
- Greendale High School Cheer Program
- City of Franklin - National Night Out
- Special Olympics of Wisconsin
- American Veterans Honor Flights
- Croatian Eagles Soccer Club
- Blue Lotus Farm & Retreat Center
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Ozaukee
- Wisconsin Lutheran College - Warrior Club Program
- Walk for the Poor, Society of St. Vincent De Paul
- Bloom 360 Learning Community
- Employ Milwaukee, Inc. (BankWork$)
- Family Sharing of Ozaukee County
1895 Bancorp of Wisconsin Community Foundation
The mission of the 1895 Bancorp of Wisconsin Community Foundation is to provide financial support to charitable and community service organizations in the communities in which PyraMax Bank operates. The foundation is dedicated completely to community activities and the promotion of charitable causes.
The Foundation has identified five areas that it will emphasize in supporting:
- Affordable Housing — programs that provide affordable or low-income housing and supports the bank’s community reinvestment initiatives
- Education — initiatives at schools that raise the aspirations of students, enhance their knowledge and support the education process
- Health and Human Services — programs essential to underlying medical care as well as initiatives that focus on physical and mental wellness
- Youth Programs — programs that assist in improving the quality of life for children
- General Community Improvement — programs and projects that improve the community assets and organizations in the bank’s core market areas.
To apply for a grant from the 1895 Bancorp of Wisconsin Community Foundation, please use the form below. Applications are accepted year-round.
1895 Bancorp of Wisconsin Community Foundation, Inc. Donations
- ACTS Community Development Corporation
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
- Housing Resources, Inc.
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- SecureFutures Foundation
- The Women’s Center